10 June, 2012

Mars Conjunct Jupiter

This doesn't perfect till late tomorrow, Monday, but already I'm running around like a mad thing supposedly packing (again) but attempting to watch the men's final at the French Open while I'm doing it.

I spent the night on Concord to keep Sweet Pea company, woke up at five, did another load of laundry and realized if the women's final was yesterday there was a good chance the opposite sex would be playing today - bingo! NBC at 9 am.

This gave me plenty of time to empty out all the bags and boxes that came back from New York last weekend, take everything from the drawers under the bed, pile the lot in a great big jumble on the sheets, feel totally overwhelmed and go back upstairs to read The Daily Mail.

Then it was back downstairs to stare at the pile on the bed again and try to decide what I can live without that could go in the trash, what could come out to Silver with me, either via USPS or in my wheelie bag, and what could go down to storage in Randolph when Dave Myers comes on Tuesday night to pick stuff up.

Therein lies the rub, as he's coming to Fayerweather, my residence since January, two blocks away around the corner, so do I take everything to go to Randolph back to Fayerweather and pack it up from there, or do I have him make two stops, one on a busy main road with a dicing with death driveway, or do I leave it all piled on the bed in a heap and go back to watch Nadal and Djokovic start their game?

No prizes for guessing correctly, but with Djokovic losing and the game rained out I took myself off to Fayerweather to start to do something there. An attempt to turn on the TV to see what was happening in Paris was unsuccessful - which remote? What button? Turn on All or just press TV? Once I had a screen full of snow with the message "Little Or No Signal," I got the electronic keyboard I bought myself for Christmas into its box but couldn't find the allen wrench to dismantle the stand, so got on the old desktop to see what was happening in Paris.

Play had started and Djokovic was rallying, so then began the frantic search for the non-existent free live streaming. Ten minutes of that and I realized I could come back to Concord and continue to watch here, and got back just in time to see Nadal having a temper tantrum and rain stopping play for the second time.

More later.


No comments:

Post a Comment