13 June, 2012

Mars Conjunct Jupiter, continued

Combine this with the Sun square natal Jupiter in Virgo and you get me sitting in front of the old iMac, which at that point I planned to post on the  Cambridge Craigslist Free Cycle list, with the MacBook Air on my lap, doing a quick check to see if there are any files on the iMac I don't have on the Air and then deleting all personal files and photos from the desktop.

Very proud of myself, I remember to delete all contacts from the address book and all the bookmarks from Safari, go into Mail and remove the server address for the Silver account and even open Stickies and close the notes one by one without saving. The preevz iDisk icon sitting on the desktop reminds me I have Mobile Me, and I go into the disk and remove the few files I had there before trashing that as well.

Everything else goes onto the 8 GB flash drive, which I disconnect and carefully place in an envelope (very high tech) and put inside one of the outside pockets on my computer bag, to be looked through later (read "never") when I'm back in Silver and have a real live desk again.

I even write "Flash Drive" on the envelope, proud of myself again as the drive is smaller than the nail on my little finger and it's not beyond the bounds of possibility that I will one day find the envelope, think it's empty and throw it away.

iMac still plugged in but otherwise ready for the street, I look at the piles of stuff on the floor still needing to be sorted and packed and promptly fall in a heap on the bed and, on the Air,  check the Daily Mail to see what might have happened since I last checked an hour ago.

Up pops good old Mobile Me, asking me if I want to sync now, and with Jupiter in Virgo of course I do because I want to be up-to-date and organized and with all my ducks in a row; I do wonder vaguely why all my bookmarks and address book contacts will be changed because it's not as though my interests or social circle have expanded lately, but hey, I'm busy, Kate Middleton might have changed her clothes twice since I last looked, so I tell Mobile Me to go ahead and sync everything.

Much too late - O Jupiter-in-Virgo-Ruled-By-The-Trickster - I realize I'm syncing with the now immaculate waiting-for-its-new- owner iMac, and do a pretty good imitation of The Scream as four years' worth of bookmarks and contacts get wiped off the Air's flash drive and all my carefully labelled bookmark folders disappear from Safari's Bookmarks Bar, lo in front of my very eyes.

I look at the piles of stuff on the floor.  I think of the apartment I walked away from just seven days before. I think of the child I'll be leaving in a week. I think of Perth, the rune I pulled out of the bag when I was asking the universe a couple of days before about the resolution of the past year and a half - "For some, Perth means experiencing a psychic death. If need be, let go of everything, no exceptions, no exclusions. Nothing less than renewal of the spirit is at stake."

I think it will be a wonderful thing when I have time to use hyperlinks and post images to this blog, and I think it's a very good thing I have a sense of humor.

No comments:

Post a Comment