25 June, 2012

Venus Conjunct Uranus

Contrary to what one might expect from the nature of this blog, I am not one of *those* astrologers that check the ephemeris before making plans; after traveling from Boston, Massachusetts, to Silver City, New Mexico, on the day this aspect perfected, I am tempted to consider changing my MO in the future and taking a look at what the Moon is doing before I clean my teeth.

As I was nowhere near ready to leave, the first out-of-the-blue happening - a phoned alert from American that my flight out of Boston was delayed by two hours - was welcome, and meant I could sit down, have another cup of coffee and take photos of Star Child, who I was leaving for I didn't and don't know for how long.

Once I got to Logan and my connecting flight had been changed to a later time, Sweet Pea and I were subjected to a full body scan complete with a two-hands fingerprint swipe for me, me hanging on to him for dear life while he tried frantically to escape back to the safety of his carrier, going though security being the only event that makes him want to get into his box.

We then got to Dallas Forth Worth in time for me to catch my originally scheduled flight, except that my luggage was on the later flight and I would still have had to wait for it once I got to El Paso.

When I did get to El Paso, it was already dark and about the time I'd hoped to be pulling in to the driveway at #14. First Enterprise told me I didn't have a reservation, then they told me I could rent a car and drive to Silver but would have to return the car to El Paso, and then they told me oh, I did have a reservation and could drop the car off in Silver after all.

Once we had that sorted out, I got lost in El Paso for an hour or so looking for the 10, which turned out to be fortunate as after a couple of miles I heard a loud flapping sound and when I pulled over on a side street to see what it was, discovered a big piece of rubber sticking out from the undercarriage (?)  of the car. Taking a deep breath, I pulled it out completely and stowed it on the back seat before finally finding the 10 and, three hours later, at 1:15 am on Saturday, pulling in to the driveway at #14 and letting Sweet Pea out.

The last time Venus conjuncted Uranus was when I attempted to place a bet in the Grand National. Next time is two weeks from now, July 9. One can only wonder.

No comments:

Post a Comment