13 April, 2012

Retrograde Mars Stationed Direct in Five

"Wherever you have Virgo in your chart" Michael Lutin wrote on his website earlier in the week, "you are in for a shot of cosmic B-12," and by an amazing coincidence, children, love and even a hint of personal creativity have reared their respective heads for me over the past couple of days, with Mars stuck at 3 Virgo in my Fifth.


Of course, children (in the shape of Star Child and all her little friends constantly asking me if I'm her granny) have been around for a year and a half now, but three days ago, due to circumstances beyond my control, I found myself babysitting all day for an eighteen-month-old, taking her with me to pick up SC at noon and having her till five o'clock when her father picked her up.


The love bit happened the next day, and did not, of course, involve me, but sprang from my roommate asking me what the big deal was about Wuthering Heights, one of the books available to her at no cost on her Kindle, which I am not going to link to. This led to me going immediately to YouTube, finding the 1939 Laurence Olivier/Merle Oberon version, emailing her the link and then losing myself completely in passion, hatred, revenge, vengeance, bitterness, animosity, retribution and death, otherwise known as love. 


Yesterday the eighteen-month-old appeared again, when her babysitter stopped by to give me my birthday presents, and last night passion, hatred, revenge etc. reappeared in a watered-down form when I started watching Emily Bronte's Wuthering Heights with Ralph Fiennes and Juliette Binoche, and I'm not going to link to them either.


As for the personal creativity, on the bus down to New York last weekend I began making changes to Just For You, and will continue with it tonight or over the weekend, depending on how many other versions of Wuthering Heights I can find and whether or not I start to read the book again. I'd work on it now, but I need to go and pick up SC. I'm going to pretend I'm walking over the Yorkshire moors on my way to Penniston Crag.

No comments:

Post a Comment