24 April, 2012

Venus Conjunct Sun

Well, with Venus symbolizing friends, it was only fitting that this became the day SC and I went out to play with just about my only one here - Penny.  It was the third day of school holidays last week, and SC and I got an early start. I plonked her in the stroller, took a deep breath, got on the bus with it (and her), took the T to Charles Street where we met Penny and Baby L and then hoofed it through what I think is called Beacon Hill to the Public Gardens, SC on the lookout for Mrs. Mallard.


There was no line at the Swan Boats and we barely waited at the barrier before getting onto the front seat, which we had all to ourselves (Last year, without the cooperation of Venus, we waited on line for half an hour and all got squashed onto the very back seat.) The sun was out, the sky was blue, the trees were green and there were plenty of Mrs. Mallards out to make SC happy. A brief sit on a bench for a Sherbet Dip all round and it was off to the carousel near the aquarium where Penny again (she insisted on treating us to the Swan Boats for SC's birthday) shelled out for us both.


After that I started to think about SC's quiet time and nap  (MY quiet time and nap, actually, but it's fun to pretend) but Penny is indefatigable and next thing I knew I was buying a ticket on the ferry to Charlestown and asking if there was a discount for seniors. (There was - $1.70 instead of $3.40.) We didn't get off - just made the trip to Charlestown and back to the harbor - and then hoofed it up Atlantic Avenue (I think) to South Station, where SC and I shared a grilled cheese. 


After that it was the Red Line and home for all, with SC lasting until we were ten minutes away before the singing from the stroller stopped and she gave in to sleep.. I had to wait a bit longer before I got to a chance to close my eyes, but when it came I didn't put up much of a fight. It's exhausting, enjoying yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment