07 April, 2012

Solar Return or Birthday - Which to Celebrate?

I won't be celebrating either of them - not in the generally accepted use of the term, ("mark a significant or happy day or event, typically with a social gathering") anyway, but I think I'll pick today, Saturday, solar return day, over tomorrow, birthday as known by non-astrologers and the calendar day of April on which I was born. It's a bit of a toss-up, because if I choose tomorrow I'll have Venus trining Neptune and, thanks to a natal sextile off by one degree, the Sun sextiling the Moon, but all things considered I'll pass on having Saturn oppose Mercury exactly on a day that's supposed to set the tone for the rest of the year.


Of course, as Astrodienst is quick to reassure me, "this does not mean that the whole year will be disappointing if the day doesn't work out exactly as planned" - very good news for me as it seems absolutely nothing has worked out as planned for me for a very long time, not to sound despondent or defeatist in my thinking or anything.


Anyway, as I'm receiving a new impulse from the energy center within me, this could be the day I get myself to the post office with the two packages of books that have been sitting on the mantlepiece since January; in my current state of physical torpor, this would be enough of an accomplishment to carry me through for at least another couple of months.


Also, as "any new venture that I start at this time will ride the crest of this new energy and will very likely come to an acceptable conclusion," and as, on the bus down from Cambridge yesterday, to my own amazement, I opened Final Draft and began to rewrite the second act of Just For You, I'll continue with that because "whatever I do or begin today will bear the stamp of my individuality more than anything else."


That way, with Venus trine Neptune tomorrow, I can revert to my usual occupation of watching films noir on YouTube and eating licorice. Whoever said Saturn opposed to Mercury is a time of questioning and self-doubt got it completely wrong. I know exactly what I'm going to do.







No comments:

Post a Comment