12 May, 2012

Venus Stationary Retrograde in the First

So Venus is grinding to a halt and we're all thinking about what we truly value and what's important to us and I'm sitting on the bus again coming down to New York and for the first time, me being a bit thick sometimes and all, it hits me that not only am I giving up the apartment I've lived in for 38 years but I'm moving away from the city I came to from London 49 years ago, with not too much chance of being able to move back unless I win the lottery, highly unlikely as I never buy a ticket.


What was it a creative writer instructor said to me once about writing as though I need to get everything I want to say into the very first sentence? What did she know - I didn't say a thing about arriving at what was then Idlewild in my green tweed coat with a real fur collar on a mid-October day with the temperature in the 80s and telling the couple who were sponsoring me that that would be headline news in England. Talk about that was then and this is now.

No comments:

Post a Comment